2014年5月7日星期三

Nagoya Castle Tour

  The first attraction we visited was Nagoya Castle. The building was about 400 years old even though there were many times of renovations going through this period due to the destruction of World War II. But with help of a samurai character during the tour, I could still get to know the history of the castle.


From what I saw and heard during the tour, I was surprised by the wise of ancient Japanese people who built the castle and the stone wall. They wisely arranged stones at the edge of stone walls in order to strength its ability against shaking during earthquakes. As we all known, Japan is a country which suffers with earthquakes frequently. Ancient Japanese people's wisdom in reducing damage caused by earthquakes made me so impressed and I think their construction ideas must have inspired a lot of Japanese people to build wisely.

 Also, the samurai characters who are young people and trying to protect and inherit the culture of samurai impressed me a lot. Besides performing and showing everywhere about the samurai culture, they also sell CDs and attend TV shows to earn funding. I asked this guy in the picture that any difficulties in working as Busho-tai. He said that nowadays people don't know the way he was talking and he was trying to inform and remind people their culture. I was touched by his motivation to inherit Nagoya's samurai culture.


没有评论:

发表评论