2014年5月17日星期六

Second day in Tokyo 5/11

   In the morning, we went to Imperial Palace and Higashi Gyoen Gardens. Actually, we were not allowed to visit Imperial Palace because it was the main residence of Emperor of Japan and it was not open to the public. But through visiting Higashi Gyoen Gardens, which were imperial gardens, I could guess or glance the amaze of Japan Emperor's residence.

   The garden was really big. This part of the garden was my favorite. The small lake was surrounded by different kinds of plants. There were a lot of elderly Japanese people came for photographing and painting. I was surprised that how enjoyable their lives were.
   After visiting the garden, we went to Skytree Tower to see the view of the entire Tokyo.
The tower was 634 meters in height and was opened in 2012. The tower was the tallest building in the world in 2011. Right now, it is the second tallest building in the world which is right after Khalifa Tower in Dubai.
The view of Tokyo

Then, we went to Sumo Tournament, which is one of my favorite activities during this trip.

I thought Sumo was awkward because the competitors were almost naked. And still, it was. And I also thought it was kind of brutal. The competitors seemed like to fight to each other with bare hands. However, the game did look interesting(I think I am horrible now).
Definitely, Sumo Tournament was the most exciting event I had on that day. No matter what, the game was a traditional Japanese culture. It still attracted such a big amount of people. Therefore, it turned out that the charm of Sumo was never disappeared. I started to think what kind of traditional activities was like Sumo in China. I mean, it was not only as a game to entertain people, but also a part of culture of the country which should never been ignored. Anyway, my first time to watch Sumo was excellent!

没有评论:

发表评论